Got to Get to Germany!

A quick trip to Deutschland

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Man, the French won again!

It was a nuthouse here in Frankfurt having France beat Brasil (the way they spell it). A little oddity was the amount of Asian tourists here - from all over Japan, Vietnam, China. With Tom gone home I am flying solo, but meeting a bunch of people. Americans from Texas, Cali, AZ, CO. One is a Army guy on leave and decided to take a free military flight over to here to hang out. We watched the games and he turned out to be a very bright kid, after a stint in the Army he is going to Grad school and then looking at one of the consulting firms. I told him I have a sweet spot for PWC. Any way he kept plugging me for info from a recruiters stand point - like all night, but in a nice way - kinda funny. Don't worry Tony, if he is going into insurance we got him.

I stayed in Karben last night - the hotel billed itself as in Frankfurt. Yeah and Dixon, IL is in Chicago. Actually it was Wunderbar! No not Wunderland. Very nice small town people - had to get by on my Deutsch. It has cemented for me the fact that kids should learn a second language - not just a few words in school but be fluent.

Fashion trend over here that is kinda funny (not that I am looking) is clear bra straps. I don't think we have them in the US but I don't think they would work either. And no, these were in plain sight in public - no funny stuff. Honestly I thought they were clear medical tape.

I can't wait to get home, do some grilling, relax and there is something else coming up...

On to Muchen for next 3 days. I was told by someone they have a bike tour that includes the pubs! The weather is sunny, high 80's not a cloud in the sky here in Frankfurt.

7 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey Sweetie -

Yeah details! Oh and I am pretty sure the clear bra straps are here to - Eds' sister was wearing one last night at ribfest.

Talk to you in a bit

k and pt

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,
Last day in Naperville for me.
I think your very brave traveling on your own in a foreign country.
Look forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about your adventure.
It is hot here at home and it looks like it is trying to rain.
See you soon-Be Safe
Love
Cindy

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Carry on my wayward son.

France beat Brazil? Mon dieu!

Have your clothes dried out yet?

Once again, I agree with Katie. You need to post more details. Please post more details about scantily-clad European woman and other bon vivants. A man has to have dreams.

P.S., if my wife is reading this, my brother, David, wrote that last bit about the women, not me. I love you, baby. Please don't hurt me in my sleep.

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, the details are great...let's have more pictures!!

D-

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,

I just caught up on on your travels so far. Glad to hear that you got into a game. You get to see first hand that soccer fans are like no other fans in the world. If Germany wins.....

Still jealous. Travel safe.

Joy

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to you to be midway through a European Adventure and still spend half a night talking business with some stranger you befriended. Smart kid got a couple hours of free employment consulting. LOL!

So, how's the food? I'm guessing you wouldn't mind an order of Portillo's cheese fries and a chocolate cake shake about now ;-)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Der General said...

You guyz are the best. I am surprised about the clear bra straps, no really. Ninny bup I feel you here. B-Man you comments are hitting home. Can't wait to reunite when I am home. D, you have no excuse not to be over here I have met so many airline people here. Joy, I have seen you ten times over here - ya nut.

Tony, for some reason I think I would be living a higher lifestyle over here with you and/or Rick here! It is freakin awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home