Got to Get to Germany!

A quick trip to Deutschland

Monday, July 03, 2006

I got the Munchkins.

So one or two hiccups. I got off at the wrong stop to Berlin. And yeah I almost did the same thing at München. Lucky a little lady saved me and got me back on the train. So I am in München, my home turf. Let's just say I found the bad part of town, saw a total car wreck (yeah somebody didn't make it, and am living with 5 crazy muslims). I am not making this up. Lets just say I was last to bed and first up and out. I did have a great Bike tour - History, Biergartens, and nudist park. No really. I will be at 3 different hostels in my stay in München. The game here on Wed should be nuts. One thing noticed by everyone on the bike tour is the lack of laughter in Germany. I keep thinking of my Godson Tyler Walls laugh. It should be universal, just let live and let live as they say. Life shouldn't be as serious as the Krauts make it. (I am almost about to break into "I am proud to be an American" by Kenny Loggins)

OH AND BY THE WAY - guess what song they played at the World Cup game I went to and that is HUGE here - MPU get ready for this: Country Roads! Yeah, I almost freaked! No, scratch that I did freak! In the Internet Cafe that I am in now I have heard: Gwen Stefani, Scott McKenzie - Come to San Fransico, Crazy from Gnarls Barkley, and Madonna. Oh and guess the first song they first played in Berlin after Germany won...We are the Champions by Queen. Ed's you would love it here.

Also, I have to comment that Tom W. had started calling McDonalds our American Embassy and no matter where we went it was the place to be. Even in Karben the BK was the hot spot. It ain't right but just a sign of the times. Pretty soon it will be David Hasselhoff 24 hours a day on all channels. Andy B were are your comments? MPU are you out there?

Oh and I guess the French/Brasil game I saw in Frankfurt got out of control and the Polizei had to step in at the Frankfurt Fanfest. I was there and missed it but it got to the point of breaking into a full riot. Don't worry, next time I will be an embedded reporter.

Totally off subject, I can't wait to get home to my Katie and look forward to our date in August. Just a met a couple getting married Aug. 13th. She is Italian and 13 is lucky in Italy. Go figure.

Here is a fun one. A puzzle a day keeps the Vet away (that was for you Tony Cappa)

2 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I don't get the title - Munchkins?

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Der General said...

Munchkins - Munchen, got the Munchies, etc. I was "tired" after drinking a lot of "water".

Bring 'em on MPU!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home