Got to Get to Germany!

A quick trip to Deutschland

Monday, July 10, 2006

Country roads take me home!

Hey all, this should be the last blog from Deutschland. We went out with a bang. I camped in Berlin the last couple of nights and I met more people there then I did the whole trip. Thanks again to Mike W. for that idea. He is actually curled up on a chair in the Internet Cafe trying to sleep.

We partied in Berlin like rock stars. We watched Italy win the whole thing - who woulda thunk. We pulled an all nighter and took a 3:00am train to Frankfurt. Everybody was wearing their home colors for the last day, we even had a few people chant U-S-A. We hung out and listened to a drum group (60-70 people) jam out. Eveybody was dancing. We had a big group from the camp just hanging out and taking it all in. Our boy Neal got his dancing shoes on showed us all how to do it. Now just waiting to get on that jet plane and boogie home.

A few odds and ends before I go, glad this is my last day as I must have tweaked my right ankle -making walking kinda tough. I think both my feet are crying uncle. And boy am I stinky.

Mr. Schwanebeck I have some new German Friends working on a photo from the town. No one I talked to knew of it or how to get there so but don't worry, we will get something from there.

Tara, they don't have phone books here, no really - I am sure somewhere there are a few, but now they just look up everything on the internet. So I can't tear a page of the computer. Sorry.

Just wanted to say having the blog and reading your comments has been one of the highlights of the trip. Thank you and good night. Elvis is leaving Germany. OK actually if I fall asleep now I will miss the plane.

3 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Update:

Although the Air India site says that the flight is delayed - I called to confirm that Steve is in transit and expected to land at ORD at 4:55 CST. He will be greeted by his dad and Tom. PT and I are very excited to have him back and will not be letting him leave the country without us ever, ever again.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,
Welcome Home to the USA!
Including the music you heard along the way was a neat way for us to be a part of your journey.
Katie& you will have a big project putting together a picture album with all your pictures & memories.
Can't wait to give you a hug!
Love Cindy

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home